Tuesday, 19 November 2013

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS......

Like many of you I have a love for Christmas that knows no bounds and it stems from my childhood.  My parents were incredibly hard working people but money was always tight, every Friday when they both got paid mum would sit at the kitchen table and get out "the envelopes" (my mums saving system).  The meat money in one, fruit money in another and so on and every week no matter how tight money was some would go in the Christmas envelope so no matter what was happening in our lives Christmas was always something special.  I always treasure Christmas and the memories it brings so decorating for me brings me great joy and I would now like to share it with you.  I may have to do it over a couple of days so you don't get photo overload oh and if you are a Grinch it's best if you look away now...
 
Come On In....
Normal quilts are taken down and Christmas one's are put in their place...
Lucky I can sew - I can't take photos....
and...
Did I mention I love applique...
My 50th birthday quilt from friends out all year....
Santa's at the door...
Snowy, Mosey and Santa greet you on your way in...
They are standing guard over my small Jim Shore tree (have I mentioned I love Jim)...
Three Wise Santa's at the back door....
Santa and Mrs Claus ready to start cooking for Christmas...
Won't be long Mr Snowman...
My Big Boy ready to welcome you...
And everyone needs a pretty tree...
 At Night...
And Day....

I will leave it there for now and tomorrow I will share a little more with you.

I hope you enjoyed your visit.

Keryn


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Keryn! I am a huge Jim fan too. Loved visiting your home in Christmas mode xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so beautiful Keryn. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Christmasy Keryn. Thanks for sharing. Yes love Jim too. :) Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Keryn your displays are just 'gorgeous'....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilts are so gorgeous and just love your special pieces. Those "three wise Santas" are just beautiful Keryn

    ReplyDelete