Friday, 22 November 2013

MORE SHOW AND TELL.

I have a little more to show but first I wanted to share.  I received an email asking me how long it took to decorate the dresser.  I do it in stages and this time it took me a few days but I worked on it for most of the days.  The hardest part is putting the garland and the lights up the very top.  I'm not that tall and if I had any brains I would get a ladder but no I get a chair and I go from the floor to the chair to the first ledge of the dresser and luckily it is very strong and can hold my weight and then I stand on tip toes to get it up.  Then I get back down and stand back to look.  I also made many trips up and down the chair to reach the top shelf and at the end of the first day I had the garland and lights up and the top shelf completed and was a little pleased with myself until I got out of bed the next morning.  Firstly I could barely get out of bed the muscles in the back of my legs were crying they were hurting that much - I had a Christmas injury - pulled two "hammies" in the backs of my legs.  So the next day I had to have a day of rest and limped around the house.  I rallied the next day and finished it off.  So today I want to show one of my favourite things....
 
THE FIREPLACE
 
And..
And...
Just waiting for the chocolates to go in the sacks..

MY LITTLE DREESER

A little close up..
And another...
 
Thank you for dropping by...
 
Keryn
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Wow Keryn your home looks so Christmassy,I love it,thankyou for sharing.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely Keryn. Hope you have no more Christmas injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just so amazing K....what a gorgeous collection you have....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would have ever thought you could pull a hammie putting Christmas decorations up! Everything is just gorgeous. It must look so much nicer in person. Thanks for the tour Keryn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Christmassy at your place Keryn. Looks fabulous. Hope you are ok. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your "hammies" are feeling better! Looks wonderful Kerryn. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fireplace is amazing Keryn - it's just beautiful. I keep looking and see more. Hope those muscles are recovering

    ReplyDelete