Friday, 28 March 2014

DOING THE RIGHT THING.

As I mentioned in a previous post, this year I was invited to join an online swap.
After I had stalked via blogger all the other girls in it I new I would have to step up by game, I can be a little lazy when it comes to sewing and I sometimes spend more time looking for the shortcut than actually sewing.  My best friend (the hot glue gun) is rarely out of reach and always on stand by.  But the other girls in the swap are some serious sewers.  So I made a pact that I would step up so in the past where I would have just glued this puppy down...
Instead today I pinned (unheard of for me and that's why nothing quite fits right) and used my best hand sewing (absolutely unheard of) and with tiny baby stitches I sewed that closed.  Now you are probably wondering what it is - well I can't tell you just yet.  So partner if you are reading this remember - she who stitches and doesn't glue should get extra brownie points!!
 
Keryn

7 comments:

  1. 10 out of 10.....is what you deserve.....good girl....so proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol you are a crackup Keryn,but i give you full points for persevering,enjoy it thats the important part Keryn,hope you have a lovely weekend my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me laugh dear friend, and I happen to know from personal experience you are a beautiful sewer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good girl Keryn. Now to wait patiently to see what it is. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha..... you mean we can't use glue guns??????? I wonder what is happening there... the fabric is pretty and your stitching is very tiny and neat....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. More like 20 out of 10 for your effort...but I think you do yourself a disservice...I imagine you are fantastic with needle and thread!

    ReplyDelete