Saturday, 22 March 2014

FRIDAY NIGHT SEW-IN

Thank you WENDY for hosting FNSI.  My sewing room is on it's ear with packing so not much was achieved.  But I am finally organised to start my swap project.  Last year I was invited by the beautiful PEG and SHEZ to join a swap they were running FHFS.  At first I said no I am a REALLY poor at meeting deadlines and set sewing projects.  When it comes to sewing I am always in a hurry and if I can find a short cut then I will (especially if I can use the hot glue gun).  But I thought it would be good for me to become a better quilter so I was in.  Then I saw the list of girls and boy did I know I was in trouble.  What a group of talented and amazing sewers, the work they churn out is amazing, precise and accurate sewing and me and my hot glue gun were a little nervous.  So the first project is a Dresden Plate (oh dear) have never made one and a template well this would be a first to.  So I purchased a plastic template, misplaced it, found it again and then it accidently got packed in a moving box (now I have no idea where it is).  So I went on the net and bought a really cute pattern so I was ready to go.  Went to start the project double checked what sort of fabric my partner wanted and another oh dear she likes bright fabric.  Now I don't have any not a scrap so off to the patchwork shop for me.  Now I can normally pick fabric without any problem but I went to two shops walked up and down and in and out and then left and had coffee.  Next day was refreshed so back I went.  But I took the cowards way out and just picked two of the colours she listed, red and white.  I love them I hope she likes them and here they are.
I am going to start cutting soon and will show you how I am going.  Wish me luck and by the way has anyone seen the template I made last night??
 
Keryn
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Lovely fabrics Keryn. I hope you find your template soon. I had never made dresden plates before either and it was surprisingly easy. I'm sure you'll have no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabric you will do an amazing job...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabrics Keryn and I'm sure whoever your partner is she will love them as well :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I smiled at your post as that is how I felt seeing who else was in the group .... Including you!!! Hahaha... Lovely fabrics ... I have only done a couple of little dresdens before ... They are really fun
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck
    We all have to start some where and I guess a good start would be not to lose things LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous fabrics...well chosen. I am sure it will be beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your dresden worked out OK, lovely choice of fabrics.

    ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. How can you go wrong with red and white. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure that your dresden is lovely...and those colours a gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete