Wednesday, 2 April 2014

AN OUTING.

On Sunday hubby and I needed a day which didn't involve packing brown moving boxes.  So we jumped in the car and headed off to a field day at Lardner Park.  I had never been before but hubby was excited especially when we walked up the hill and saw..
the R.M. Williams truck.  That's him rushing in the door.  I was only pleased my son wasn't with us or that would have been a really expensive outing.  It was a lovely day people just out enjoying themselves and as we sat on the ground surrounded by families and children playing and having fun eating our hamburgers by the local Apex club (which were delicious) I realised how lucky I was to live in this beautiful country of ours. 
Yesterday was a stinker 35 degrees where we are not normal for this time of the year, I am a little over the heat but I did get to pick all of these yesterday..
We made yummy bruschetta to have with tea. 
Rain is slowly falling this morning and now very humid I am off to pack my FHFS swap into a box and send it on its way - who knows maybe it is coming to you.
 
Have a happy day.
Keryn 
 

9 comments:

  1. glad you got a break from the packing..................I love bruschetta..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely relaxing day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds pergect I am the same as Chooky love Bruschetta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful day Keryn,yummy fresh tomatoes for your bruschetta.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arrr...food and shopping....nothing better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely to have a break from the packing... and nothing beats fresh tomatoes from the garden....swappy time... I must get mine completed too....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely day out Keryn and day off from that dreaded packing. Keen to get that parcel posted off lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those tomatoes do look yummy. Great idea having a break from all that packing. Now you'll be right to get stuck back into it! I've got my dresden all ready. Just have to package it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The field days are always a surprisingly good day out. There seems to be enough to keep everyone entertained. Glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete