Saturday, 5 April 2014

EPISODE OF HOADERS.

 I joined up with the wonderful Cheryll for FNWF I don't have much to show but I did fix this..
I had finished this quilt for hubby but I had one square in the wrong spot.  I blogged about it, you all told me to fix it.  I was lazy and I didn't.  Hubby wouldn't know, it meant unpicking lots of rows and I really didn't have time with the move so I left it and just kept moving it around the table.  Well Friday night quilt got the better of me so I unpicked and fixed it so Fiona will be pleased with me.
 
I woke up this morning and our house looked like an episode of Hoarders, I was just waiting for a chicken to run out from between the packing boxes and chaos which is our home at the moment.  To make things worse EVERYONE I know was off sewing this weekend, The quilted Crow girls are in town, Soiree with Lisa, sewing here, sewing there and me left behind.  So hubby tried to cheer me up with two poached eggs on toast which helped a little.  But to really feel happy I needed to clean or cook, cleaning was out not a piece of floor space to be seen so it would have to be cook.  This time of year I love to make Buns.  Beautiful, yummy Easter Buns.  So I started mixing and then covered it with a blankie and let it rest for a while..
 
                        
              There is something really special about working with yeast and watching how it works..
                        
                    Soon they were starting to look like me, a little chubby and full of wrinkles lol....
           So into the oven and the smell is AMAZING.  Out of the oven and the smell is AMAZING.
                        
    My Gran baby just lives behind us and about half way through the baking there was a bang on the
                      door she had come for morning tea.  I think she must have smelt them lol...
They are not gluten free, fat free (especially with all that butter), not weight watchers approved but they are yummy.  So much nicer than some of the store bought ones you get now days.  Just a yummy old fashioned hand made bun which had us all doing the HAPPY DANCE.  So the house may look like an episode of Hoarders but the buns did help!!
 
Keryn
 
 
 
 


15 comments:

  1. I'm coming to morning tea Keryn. :) I love home made Hot Cross Buns. Glad you fixed the quilt. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Keryn ,oh it would've been great to have meet you at Lisa's day are you going to the one in July.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would have been a hard task unpicking all that but very rewarding when finished. The buns look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you feel better now that you have fixed the quilt. It would have always annoyed you! Those hot cross buns look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big hug first......now if you want a chicken I have some, you can have them,,,,,LOL....well done with the quit....and those buns....oh my they look so good...I do have a passion for HC BUNS.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. so funny..... well done with unpicking... you will sleep well in future... I wish you lived closer and you could come to my house to feel happy..... those buns looks awesome
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. what yummy looking buns. I have never liked the storebought ones. I would love to try yours (lathered in butter)
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh they look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh good for you Keryn... you get an A+ for your mammoth effort !!! NAD I bet you are so pleased with yourself too :)
    I can smell those yummy buns from here....drooling just a little too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. don't worry about the house it will settle down..............love the easter buns...........they look great....................

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good work with the unseeing on Hubby's quilt. Beautiful Easter buns... I could smell them all the way up here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done with the unpicking! Those buns look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great comfort cooking. Those buns look amazing Keryn. Now you know I would have gladly picked you up and taken you stitching with me lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. The buns look delicious! I don't like to pick either but isn't it nice that its done.

    ReplyDelete