Tuesday, 27 May 2014

I'VE BEEN DOING THIS...

I know it's been forever since I blogged.  I don't want you to think I have been lazy and idle. 
We did this..
It took four trucks, six men and two days and that was only the house contents, we moved all the stuff from 4 sheds on our own!!  This truck was the sewing room and all the Jim Shore boxes (I know I really do have a problem).  I think I underestimated what a big job moving was going to be.  At the end of day one we were all..
Beyond tired and then the next day we started all over again.  It took over a week to empty our old house and it has taken four weeks to unpack and we returned just over 200 boxes (no wonder I was so tired).  Gran daughter bought around a cold that she kindly shared which did get bad enough for me to have to lay down for a few days (I really didn't need much of an excuse).  We are now officially unpacked, settled and very happy.
 
I was also lucky enough Mothers Day weekend to go to a retreat at Phillip Island and I did this..
How clever am I?  We had a wonderful tutor Kerry Gillespie and it was a whole lot of fun.
 
On Saturday night we did this..
This is a group of the most loving, kind, caring girls who I am lucky enough to call my friends.  Oh and I'm not going to tell you which one I am lol. 
 
The other fabulous thing that happened this weekend was I got to meet the gorgeous Helen from helenspatchworkpassion.  Helen is in my Friends Having Fun Swap and I was just thrilled to meet her in person.  She is an absolute sweetheart and it really did make the weekend VERY special.
 
I also finished hubby's quilt, made two new big garden beds, been babysitting - no wonder I've had no time to blog lol..  So tomorrow I will show you some photos of my new sewing room (while it's tidy).
 
Kindest Thoughts
Keryn


7 comments:

  1. Oh my...............you have been busy. Much more organized than me, I moved 8 years ago and still have boxes to unpack. Hope that you are enjoying your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did wonder how the move was progressing, you have certainly been very busy. Sorry to hear you were sick in the midst of it as well not a good combination.......come on we're friends you can tell us which one you are in the photo can't you????
    Hope you've had time to rest and relax now you've finished unpacking and some time to sit and stitch with a cuppa :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo...here you are...so pleased you are back......and you have been busy....and getting a bit of socializing in as well....big hug coming...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have been busy, Keryn. Now you have unpacked you can enjoy your new house. Your cupcakes are great. I was lucky enough to meet Helen at our recent Mill Rosie get together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keryn, I was just thinking of you yesterday and that I should pester you about blogging!!! haha.... wonderful you are finally moved... I bet you discovered aches where you didn't think could ache!! lovely to be in your new home... enjoy...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to have you back online after your move! Looking forward to seeing where you create your masterpieces... Tidy or untidy...lol xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still doing catch up on posts.
    Moving is a great big pain. I am s pleased for you it is over and that the unpacking is done and you are settled. It is a bit of a fright to see how much we have accumulated over the years.
    After all that your deserved a weekend away. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete