Monday, 28 July 2014

NO WORK SUNDAY..

Yesterday I took off my pom pom hat, put my gumboots away, folded up my tracksuit pants, told the Santa's I couldn't play today, folded up the glue gun - it was going to be a no work Sunday yee har!!
 
For Mothers Day I received two tickets to THE KING AND I and after a long wait yesterday was the day.  The only downside was hubby and I had to go into the city.  This is something we reluctantly and rarely do - too many traffic lights, too many people and who in heavens name created those stupid box turns.  We put on our Sunday best and left plenty of time, easily found a car park and went looking for somewhere to eat.  Found a Salumi Bar now neither of us new what that meant but there was food in the window so that was a good sign.  In we went and it turns out it's a fancy name for a place that serves pizza!!  Well lunch was delicious and then off to the theatre.  The show was amazing and the costumes were just stunning - I just wanted to duck out the back and have a closer look at how they were made.  What a great way to spend a Sunday.
 
Back to work today and I have the grandkids Mondays, after they have gone and I've had a Bex and a Nanna Nap (just joking - about the Bex anyway) I ducked into the sewing room to finish a little Santa I had started.  Met Pom Pom....
He isn't very big fit's in the palm of your hand.  I think he's cute what do you think?
 
Keryn
 


9 comments:

  1. Aaaaawwww I love him....sooooo cute! I want one, no two, one for my sister :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another cute creation K...he is gorgeous.....glad you had a good day....can you still buy Bex.....xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww he is soooo cute. Glad you had a wonderful day out. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pom Pom is very cute. Glad you enjoyed your time at the theatre. I love the King and I. Hopefully, I'll get to see this stage show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun show to go and see.... it is happy music ... I don't like the city much.... and get out again quickly... I did laugh that a pizza parlour has that fancy name now...
    Pom Pom is just lovely.... he is is also happy making???
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Keryn i think he is very cute and so glad to hear that you had a lovely day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great day out and yes he is very very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The King and I sounds amazing Keryn - what a great pressie. LOVE Pom Pom - think you need to make more of these (lots more cos we all want one too)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased you had a great day at the theatre. And of course the little santa is lovely!

    ReplyDelete