Sunday, 6 July 2014

YUMMO!

I have a very dear friend.  She is the most wonderful women, she is 83, a tiny little powerhouse.  She came to this country from Sicily over 60 years ago to marry the man she had been in love with since she was 11.  He had arrived in Australia two years prior to her and it took him this long to save for her passage to Australia.  I often sit at her kitchen table and listen to the most wonderful stories she tells me about her life and I am incredibly grateful for the love and kindness she gives me.
 
Beside being a wonderful person she is the most AMAZING cook.  Our home is often filled with food she sends over, home made pasta, sauce, schnitzels, crostolli, lasagne and I could go on an on. 
 
But yesterday she made my favourite Sfinci or Italian donuts..
 
I think you need to see them up close..
 
They are delicious, light and fluffy and you can't stop at one.  I came home with five plates and by the end of the day they were all gone (no I didn't eat them all myself). 
 
So what do you do when you have had one or two (okay maybe a few more) of these little pillows of love, take your dog for a walk with her on the tape measure because you can't find the lead..
 
 
I hope your weekend included something special..
 
Keryn
 
 
  

8 comments:

  1. Oh I'm jealous. I haven't had those in years. My italian nana in law used to make them. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo is the word they looks so good K.....tape measure, LOL I love it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look utterly delicious.... so wonderful to have friends like that with wonderful stories .. and of course the cooking! haha.... a tape measure.... I always knew our sewing things are essentials!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do look so yummy. I had a little chuckle about using the tape measure as a lead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The look delicious. How nice to have such a fabulous friend.
    Love the lead...

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yummo Keryn - they look amazing. I am still laughing at you walking the dog with a tape measure for a lead

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious!! And the tape measure worked so no need to find the lead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol love taking the dog for a walk with the tape measure so funny,what an amazing friend i would love listening to her stories too.xx

    ReplyDelete