Thursday, 11 September 2014

BLANKIES...

Today my thoughts turned to sewing for a trading table I am doing at a quilt show in November.
 
Last year I made baby blankies - different sizes and colours, and they all found new homes.
 
So today I started cutting and sewing..
 
 
I took this photo at night so the colour is not true to form, it really is the most beautiful coral colour.
 
 
These are both made out of Minkee.  I love this fabric it is sooo soft and cuddly but boy is it a cow to sew and when you cut it - poof all over the place, up your nose, in your hair and ALL over the floor.
 
I also made some applique blankies - I will show you those later.
 
Keryn
 


9 comments:

  1. Hi Keryn gee no rest for the wicked my friend lol,good to see you keeping busy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blankies....sure to find good homes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing - never stop and always such gorgeous goodies you are sewing. Hope it's still raining your way lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Minke is awful to work with but the blankie a do look lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do look lovely. And yes, what a pain it is to use!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so lovely and cuddly but so fluffy... you need a mask when working with minky...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. So colourful...and no doubt soft and cuddly...

    ReplyDelete