Saturday, 6 September 2014

FNWF...

Last night I joined Cheryll and the girls for FNWF, that's for hosting us Cheryll.
 
I am in a swap and the theme this time is polka dots.  I received mine yesterday (see yesterday's post for the beautiful bag of goodies I received) but I haven't even started mine ahhhhh!  Now the deadline is next month so I'm not behind but it did prompt me to get a wriggle on.  I pulled out some fabric..
 
This is polka dot right?
 
 
Well kind of polka dottie - Peg and Shez will this be okay?
 
I then made these for another little project..
 
 
And today for most of the day I did this..
 
 
Painted metres and metres and metres of fence.  Mind numbing, arm aching, painting.  I asked hubby if he would like a nice red, maybe a nice chevron pattern, no he wanted black, plain old boring black..
 
No imagination that man!!
 
Keryn
 
 


16 comments:

  1. Oh you poor thing doing all that painting, I hope some sewing will brighten your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dots and hexies. And fence painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well, at least the sun was out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheryl, as the painter of the fence I think you should at least give yourself Artistic License for a fun design on a few metres of it!!
    The spotty swap gifts are so gorgeous - hangers are always useful & anyone would love ones as pretty as that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dots and gorgeous red hexies. Ouch your poor arms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy spots....great job on the fence K.....you are so talented.....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty spot sewing... I need to start mine (I did make but have to rethink)... well done you for doing all that fence.... a big job... I think it would look nice with some red polka dots?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. And what a great job you did of painting the fence, Keryn! I think today you should rest your arms and just sit quietly and stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's definitely spotty fabric. At least your fence is painted now time for a rest I think after all that hard work. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your hexies, red is my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your red hexies, I think a chevron fence would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the red fabrics and the hexies. Painting that fence doesn't sound fun...hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice dotty fabrics...
    Love those hexies..
    Yep boring painting...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely looks spotty to me Keryn. Cute hexies - are they from one of your classes while you were away. Now how did you win the fence painting job. Sounds like a hubby job to me lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet little hexies, and so lovely in red. I feel your pain with the fence, mine looked like that too. Definitely worth the effort once it's done though. I have a tall paling section left to do.......

    ReplyDelete