Wednesday, 15 October 2014

SEWING AND EATING....

Sewing and eating - my two favourite things.
 
Today this was under my machine..
 
 
It is a coat for a big Santa.  My quilt guild have a show Cup weekend at Philip Island and they let their members fill the trading table with lot's of wonderful goodies.  With being poorly I am a little behind so today I planned head down and you know what up. 
 
I was doing really well until I got a phone call from my beautiful friend Rosa.  Come for morning tea..nothing fancy..just her sister and mum and a couple of friends.  Well Rosa is an AMAZING cook - so how could I turn that down.  I would go have a quick cuppa and a little something to eat just because I needed the energy to keep sewing.
 
 I was greeted by this..
 
 
Oh you want a closer look..
 
 
Fresh baked bread hot from the oven, home made pizza from their pizza oven, anti pasta, frittata,
coffee cake (which was yummy) and delicious straight from the oven scones with raspberry jam and cream (they were on the other table with beautiful linen napkins)....not a bad spread for nothing fancy hey and all of this at 10 O'clock in the morning. 
 
Just to let you know I tried one of everything, rolled into my car and had enough energy to sew for the rest of the day...
 
Keryn 
 


9 comments:

  1. Well it would be impolite to not taste one of each of Rosa's beautiful yummy treats, now wouldn't it Keryn? LOVE your Santa jacket - that it going to be one gorgeous looking Santa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love friends who are generous and great cooks...I am an appreciator!!! Santa's coat looks great. Hope you are on the mend now x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness what a delicious spread.. Lucky you having Rosa.
    I am sure you have finished Santa lovely coat now.
    Hope you are feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good...so pleased you could still sew....xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. definitely need energy giving foods when doing a bit santa...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS.... does that mean you are feeling better now?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, Keryn... If I was feeling poorly I'd be choosing that morning tea over any sewing!!
    Feeling any better??

    ReplyDelete