Thursday, 11 June 2015

MACRAME HERE I COME...

I am a reasonable sewer. 
I have been doing it most of my adult life. 
 I did piece work for many years and that is a tough way to make a living, you have to be super quick or you starve.
I have been doing patchwork for a long time and made many, many flying geese, half square triangles, churn dash and on and on.
So why for the life of me do I keep messing this really simple star up?

 
I had to make six, only six and I think I unpicked and resewed them about 15 times (no joke) and last night I had them finished, today went to iron them and one was not right - really..
 
Now flannel does not liked to be unpicked and really doesn't like to be unpicked a number of times.
So eventually they were finished, a little worse for wear and took way longer than they should have and then I layed them out and wasn't happy with them so I'm not going to use them!!!
 
Sometimes I think I will give up quilting and take up macramé..
 
Well finally it is together..
 
 
A really simple pattern that should have taken way less to put together than it did.
 
Tomorrow I hope to pin and start the quilting.
 
Wish me luck..
 
K
 
 
 


13 comments:

  1. Hi my lovely friend,what a nuisance that it gave you so much trouble,but by gee it looks fantastic,fingers crossed for you,oh I love your projects,you are very clever,enjoy your evening my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reasonable sewer...., since when? You do lovely work
    So your block with the same background squares didn't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Macramé would be way too boring lol. It's absolutely gorgeous - worth perserving with - love it Keryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know EXACTLY how you feel... some days, you should pack the project up as soon as you make the first mistake and come back to it another time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But in the end, your quilt looks great, Keryn. I remember doing macrame many, many years ago. I learnt at school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Keryn i had to chuckle over your post. Macrame could be fun. Love your quilt top. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have said you are an amazing sewer myself! I think we all have days when things just don't go as they should....the end result looks fantastic though. Well done for persevering!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have said you are an amazing sewer myself! I think we all have days when things just don't go as they should....the end result looks fantastic though. Well done for persevering!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we all have those arrrggh! moments. It is just gorgeous... so glad you preserved x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are an amazing sewer... I love it... now the stars shine bright and the snowy men are looking at the right place... gorgeous...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well it was worth it... as the NEW layout looks great.
    Think of it this way... YOU can now give instructions on HOW NOT to do it...OR how to unpick swiftly...lol
    Either way... you had a win... xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well my Darling K you are one very cleaver Duckie ... And I think by now you and Mr unpick may be best buds ... Glad you stuck with it 💓💓💓💓💓

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the end result, even though it drove you crazy at the time. In fact, you would go crazy if you gave up quilting and took up macrame!!

    ReplyDelete