Monday, 24 August 2015

FNSI

I did join in on Friday night with Wendy from Sugarlane Designs but the wheels fell off the bus when it came to blogging about it.  I had a traumatic Sunday but I will tell you about that in a minute.

Friday I picked up my Bunny Hill quilt, it only took two weeks to put it together but the hand stitching is taking me forever.  I struggle with the hand sewing so I just keep looking at it and moving the quilt from one spot on the table to another I think I secretly hope someone will come in over night and finish it.  I am going to knuckle down this week and try and get some done

                     

So Sunday.  Get up the sun is shining (yep what a shock), the birds were singing, no wind, no rain - a perfect day.  Hubby says good morning, have your brekkie we need to do the sheep today.  So I break out into a little sweat..this is never a good day.  Remember last time I got the pulpy kidney injection and not the sheep.

We decide to get mums and babies into the yard and leave the rest for a minute.  Roger the Ram is particularly angry at the moment so no point poking the bear until we need too.

 
 
So far so good.  Now we have to vaccinate them, worm them, do their tails, the little boys bits, put in an ear tag and give them a pedicure. How hard can it be everyone likes a pedicure right?  What always amazes me is how strong a sheep is, how high they can jump when they are scared, why they always manage to stand on your little toe and your shin seems to be fair game.  So I won't bore you with the details but see the large steel gate well that managed to end up smacking me fair and square on the head ..and just in case you were wondering..they didn't enjoy the pedicure.  The day ended with me feeling very poorly, maybe it was too much sunshine but I think it was more like Post Traumatic Sheep Syndrome!
 

 
At least there was a little happy from the garden.
 
Keryn


9 comments:

  1. Ohhh love your Bunny Hill quilt! Better you than me with the sheep lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Keryn, you like doing this hard things but they sure don't like you...
    Hope you are feeling a bit happier today.
    You can do the hand stitching....

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear ,its doesnt sound like much fun playing with the sheep,maybe its because they are all called mick,1.2 etc,lol,hope your head is feeling better ,love your flowers they would put a smile on your face. Oh your bunny hill project is looking so cute i love those colours,i hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the sounds of it, sheep are hard work, Keryn. I hope you're feeling better today. Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post Traumatic Sheep syndrome - very clever of you to come up with that name. Fits the bill perfectly by the sounds, but not fun at all by the sounds. . Hope the head is okay. Lucky you didn't knock yourself out. Maybe next time call in the kids to help. Isn't that why we have children. Your flowers out of your garden are lovely. And the quilt looking fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, they can be a handful can't they! I'd come over and do your hand stitching if it helps

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear. i hope your week is better than Sunday. If i was closer i'd come help with the hand stitching. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Keryn you poor thing, I hope the Post Traumatic Sheep Syndrome has eased by today for you!! No fun getting smacked on the head by the gate!! Or kicked in the shins!! Your quilt is wonderful and love the spring flowers!! I am sure there would be many hand sewing volunteers out there in blog land happy to help you, shame I didn't live closer! Look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Keryn you poor thing, I hope the Post Traumatic Sheep Syndrome has eased by today for you!! No fun getting smacked on the head by the gate!! Or kicked in the shins!! Your quilt is wonderful and love the spring flowers!! I am sure there would be many hand sewing volunteers out there in blog land happy to help you, shame I didn't live closer! Look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete