Monday, 31 August 2015

MADAM GRUMPY BUM....

MADAM GRUMPY BUM!!
 
Yep today that was me.
 
After a difficult day yesterday our new dog decided that last night he had found his voice and he barked for pretty much most of the night, no matter how many times we got up to him.  So when my feet hit the floor this morning I had a crinkled brow and felt like a bear and no matter how hard I tried nothing was right.  The porridge was too lumpy, the coffee was cold, there was no dog food (not that he deserved any) and why is it when you feel like that everyone just wants to poke you.
 
So I tried to find my happy..I really did.
 
For six months I have been saving to buy a new cupboard for my sewing room so I got the jar down today to see if I was nearly there...close enough.  Off I went to the shop with my little envelope.  Looked at it again for about the 100th time and yep it was going to be mine.  Go to pay and the girl says I will check stock.  Okay I think to myself I might have to wait a few weeks I can live with that..have waitied 6 months few more weeks won't matter.  Small delay she says they will be here maybe January but definitely February.  Before I can even speak she says so we will need payment in full today and we will let you know when it's in.  I thanked her for her time and turned to leave (I wasn't keen on outlaying my money and then waiting 6 months) I had fallen out of love with the cupboard.  I am half way out the shop and she says at the top of her voice you obviously don't know how business is done now days no one keeps stock on hand that's so old fashioned.....grrrrrrrrr....just keep walking I said to myself..
 
Now my happy was really missing.
 
Maybe I needed food so I go in search of something healthy..maybe some fruit.
 
 
I found some happy..
 
Keryn


15 comments:

  1. Oh yum. Can I have some. Maybe e need to go there one day... Enjoy and get out of your grumps....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer .....yep,that would fix the grumps 💖💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gorgeous friend,I think I would've been grumpy too,oh my I hope tomorrow is a better day for you,I must say 6 months is a long time to wait for a cupboard,chin up ,sending a big hug xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. must of been the day for it...me too! and I didn't get my happy on at all...tomorrow is another day! glad you found your happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Keryn,
    I had one of those days too.
    That shop assistant deserves a bit of a kick up the butt though, I would call the manager and mention that customer service needs some work.
    It might be the case that no one keeps floor stock anymore but she doesn't need to yell across the shop.
    I saw a great image today that sums up the day that was.
    https://www.facebook.com/Mysmokobreak/photos/a.157926131040665.1073741847.156379007862044/495788407254434/?type=1

    ReplyDelete
  6. FRUIT?! Golly me, Keryn... I'd have been going some good old KFC and ice cream! Oh you poor love, I'm so sorry about the Happy, I'm sure it will come back soon...

    I wonder if you would consider returning to that store, or calling the manager, & relating your experience with that staffer... I'm not convinced that sort of behaviour would be something they'd want their staff to display

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would've been into icecream &/or chocolate. :). Sorry to read your Happy had disappeared. I hope it's back today. Not very good behaviour from the staff member. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, Keryn! I hope today is a better one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no not a good day at all..... I know what you mean about the cupboard as that has happened to me twice....how ridiculous not to have at least one in stock. I even wanted to buy the floor stock and couldn't...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Keryn, I hope Miss Grumpy Bum has left your home and gone somewhere else!! I wouldn't buy anything from that shop for ever now...how rude!!!! Like the look of your happy though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pain in the bum.nothing worse than having to wait for delivery when you've already waited and saved. Hope a good alternative comes up soon. Hope the dog lets you sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did try and brighten your day for you lol. I know for a fact that the shop I work in would never survive if we didn't have lots of stock on hand. No one would be prepared to wait 6 months for anything. They don't like waiting 2 weeks. Glad your day improved though - sad you had to miss out on your lovely cupboard though

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope today is not such a grumpy making day..... how annoying about the cupboard.. that is a bit extreme.. a few days I can understand. I do like how you comforted yourself...looks very tasty...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Keryn. It looks like you have had a very busy August - mostly animal related. After reading your reports on the weather I am pleased to have missed it all. I do hope September is much better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! I must be old fashioned too... I see, I buy.. no waiting for it to come in..there are other stores!

    ReplyDelete