Monday, 14 September 2015

UNBAAALIEVABLE.....

Well Cheryl and Mel commented the other day that there was never a dull moment at my place...well they sure are right.
 
My favourite sheep mumma was due to have her baby in about a week.
 
So I go out yesterday to pick up some manure for the garden and look what I found..
 
 
Good on you mumma..
 
Now remember Daisy got into the septic the other day..well I gave her a stern talking..
 
 
Oh dear just like my children when they were teenagers...she didn't listen.  Only trouble was hubby was away..lucky I had a son to help me take the fence down again.
 
So we got them all sorted and everyone into their paddock for the night.
 
Mumma and her baby were put into the little secure paddock for the night to keep them safe from Mr Foxy.  Two AM I woke to mumma really, really upset.  I was out of bed, grabbed the flashlight, out the laundry door, into gumboots, down two steps and into the paddock in record time...look and look no baby!!  Mummas crying, I'm nearly crying and then I hear this tiny little noise.  Baby has somehow got down this small opening and got herself stuck behind the little shed.  Luckily by now hubby has turned up in his gumboots and undies (stop laughing Cheryl) and after a little effort we managed to reunite mumma and baby.
 
Nothing like a 2AM heart starter to keep you on your toes.
 
Keryn


13 comments:

  1. lol i shouldnt laugh but the thought of R rushing out in his jocks and gumboots and spanner running behind,just too funny,lol.
    So glad the baby lamb was ok though,enjoy your evening my friend,hope all is well at 2 am xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't help but laugh - those sheep are going to turn you grey by the time this is all over lol. Do hope they've all had their babies now. Nothing like a 2 am wakeup call. And think Mick could help put another rung on that fence when he's there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no.. Maybe some chicken wire might help... Oh the 2 am run makes me laugh and gets the heart started.. Oh so cute lambs though

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Keryn but i couldn't help but laugh. Those sheep & their antics. Hope you have a relaxing day today & no more sheep dramas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the joys....at least you're not feeding the lamb as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! It's like having your own babies again - rising in the middle of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are those sheep dorpers? ? They are renowned escape artists.... Hubby will have to put up lots of fencing for them.... 2 am is not a fun time to be organising the sheep...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased Mumma and baby are safe ....big dad .. Undies ...boots ...sounds pretty 💞💘

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm laughing at the image in my mind of you and hubby in night attire doing what farmers do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh you crack me up girlfriend...........

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha.... you have a crazy life with those animals.... I think you should be writing a book about your adventures...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, dear!! Glad it was a happy ending. Look on the bright side - without all this happening you would only have sewing to write about on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi kern glad baby was reunited with momma you made me giggle with hubby in his jocks and gumboots reminded me of when we were robbed and my hubby was running around in his red jocks in the middle of winter it was 1 am regards lyn

    ReplyDelete