Tuesday, 8 March 2016

CHANGES..

Since I have been away there have been a couple of changes..
 
It has been a long hot dry summer and we don't have a blade of grass so we have been buying feed for cows and we were paying $60 a large round bale and then the price jumped to $100 so the decision was made that Moo and 74 and their babies would need to go and live some where new.  I'm glad I wasn't home when this happened because Miss cranky pants Moo who was never to happy living here apparently was even less happy about being sent to a new home.  While I miss seeing her out in the paddock I won't miss her chasing me or bailing me up in the back paddock and not letting me out.
 
We also sent some sheep to the butcher so now the freezers are choc o block and I won't need to go meat shopping for a while.  I cannot even imagine how real farmers must feel when they are surrounded by barren ground and wonder how they will manage to feed their animals.
 
Don't you love when a friend sends you are parcel just because?
 
Today I got these in the mail from my gorgeous friend Gayle..
 
 
How cute are these slippers and they have my little sheep on them.  Even though it was 38 today I work them as long as I could before my feet got really hot.
 
Lucky Me..
 
Keryn


15 comments:

  1. Lucky you they are pretty cool slip slips .... Sad to hear about Moo ... Sending warm fuzzies xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...........can't imagine fitting our mob of sheep in the freezer.....although one would be good at the moment.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cute slippers. Good the freezer is full. Thinking of you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my gorgeous friend,what a sweetie Gayle is,your new slippers are so cute.
    Yes its so dry everywhere at the moment,sorry your cows had to go,good that your freezer is full,did Mick name those ones,lol.
    Cant wait till we see you again my friend,take care sending the biggest huggest hugs,xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my gorgeous friend,what a sweetie Gayle is,your new slippers are so cute.
    Yes its so dry everywhere at the moment,sorry your cows had to go,good that your freezer is full,did Mick name those ones,lol.
    Cant wait till we see you again my friend,take care sending the biggest huggest hugs,xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those slippers. So cute. Sorry you had to let the cows go. Lovely to have a freezer full. take car. Hugs.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a busy time it seems for you... so comforting to sit with a pair of soft slippers...xx
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well it won't be the same not seeing Moo out in the paddock, but the cost of feed is ridiculous. Mick said is Christmas and birthday still there or are they the ones in the freezer lol. What cute slippers - lovely to have gorgeous friends xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes farming can be very hard but at least you could put your little herd into a better paddock...

    Love those slippers...

    ReplyDelete
  10. such cute slippers, a full freezer does keep the belly happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Keryn, this must have been such a hard decision... but it seems you've made a good one... you will be able to write your own cookbook & call it "1001 Ways To Cook Your Own Sheep" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear about Moo, butmmaybe she will settle happily in her new home. Always good to have the freezer full!! They are beautiful slippers...it is wonderful to have good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do feel for the farmers who have to make these decisions on a regular basis. I am pleased you were not home when the day came for them to leave.
    It is incredible how quickly we have dried out.
    Your slippers are adorable. They will get good use when our days become cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous gift from your friend... Especially with autumn almost upon us...xox

    ReplyDelete