Wednesday, 6 April 2016

RAIN...

It has been so dry for so long but last night I woke to the sound of rain on the tin roof, one of the best sounds in the world.  It continued on and off during the day..
 
 
The stern talking I gave myself yesterday got me moving, I told you yesterday I stitched a little well look he is starting to take shape..
 
 
Then I got these ready..
 
 
And packed all of this into my beautiful bag that my dear friend Peg made for me..
 
 
Tomorrow Hubby and I are headed back to the city for a few days so my sewing is coming to keep me company.  Last time things didn't go so well.  We don't do well with the traffic, the trams and why is there never anywhere to park up there.  Hubby was 4 minutes yep 4 minutes late to move our car and came out just as the tow truck was hooking up our car to tow it out of a clear way.  Words were exchanged and he did unhook the car but gave hubby a $150.00 fine just because he could.  The place we have to stay has underground parking $60.00 for 4 hours which really is just criminal.  So fingers crossed this time things go smoothly.
 
Keryn
 
 


 




13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain on a tin roof..... Just the best sound...... Make everything feel better....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a bit of rain. We got 3 mm which was better than nothing. Lovely to see some gorgeous sewing progress

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sound of raindrops on the roof. Your little person is coming along nicely. I hope that the big smoke is kinder this time xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe travels my friend and I can't wait to see what you are making,we have had rain too,love the sound of it on our tin roof.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Keryn, I can understand why you're not looking forward to going to the city, what a horrible experience.
    Lovely precious rains there... so needed.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sound of rain on rooftops. Hope all goes well in the city for you. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sound of the rain on the roof too....your project is looking wonderful. Is the Vic Market any closer to where you are going, the parking there is a bit cheaper. Good luck in the city. Going in by train myself today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how lovely to have the rain... if you are finished with it please send Northwards! your wool sewing looks great - is that little legs I see??? All the best with this trip to the big smoke - I always find city trips traumatic (and expensive) too!! Best get back to the country home asap ...xx
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the best sounds is rain on the roof.. We need some here too. Nice to have our water tanks filled.
    Your project looks like fun.
    Good luck in the city...
    DD and I are flying to Melbourne next week but thankfully we don't have to worry about parking...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That rain was wonderful yesterday. The garden was extremely happy.
    Good luck with with your sewing but even better luck with parking. I do find that very frustrating, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rain... We really need that ...I hope you are sewing your sketch from the orher day.... I do hope you found some 'warm fuzzies'in that bag πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–thinking of you πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  13. The rain has been wonderful. It is not much fun driving in town, so much nicer where you live and I do agree, parking costs in Melbourne, and I'm sure all of our big cities, are outrageous. Hope you have a safe trip with some fun along the way. By the way have any bunnies hopped away from where you live? Bunnies designed to bring happiness to another maybe.

    ReplyDelete